Tuesday 29 November 2011

'Armless Gnomes!

I can't say I'm a great fan of Garden Gnomes so this one found amongst the shrubbery made a brief apprearance on facebook before taking up residence in a Warwickshire landfill site!


A week or so later...and look what's lurking in the geranium pot!....A bit prettier than the last.... and due to a plea for amnesty from a friend I decide that maybe I'll keep this one after all!


Apparently one of the first garden gnomes was introduced to the UK by Sir Charles Isham and was called Lampy. This particular gnome still exists and is insured for a million quid! Blimey......and to think I might have thrown out a national treasure!

Gnomes are meant to ward off evil spirits....just as well I kept one of them in view of the sink hole find....who knows what lies beneath??

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...